Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sledding The GloryBowl

It was an idea Cambria, ClimbingDoug, and I have been talking about for a while now and with the arrival of the first big storm of the year, we decided now was the time. Unfortunately, due to car issues, we had to wait three days after the snow fell, and weren't even sure there would be any there when we arrived on New Years day.

When we arrived, the GloryBowl was less than halfway covered in snow. We were going to back out and wait for another storm, but I pushed common sense aside and decided to give it a go, even without the full snow cover I'd hoped for. Counted myself down, and pushed away from the edge, plummeting 60 feet down the 80 degree slope leading onto the mouth of the drain. What a fucking blast.

I'm not a movie editor, I'm an idiot with a camera, but enjoy. We did.

No comments:

Post a Comment