Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Braga 'Bout It

After a successful semi-active infiltration of a pristine, untouched virgin location with ClimbingDoug and RyanXPromise, Doug and I decided to hit one more location before calling it a night. We decided to go big, since we weren't ready to go home yet. I've been wanting to climb this bridge for almost 15 years, but never got around to it for one reason or another. Recently, I heard there were motion sensors on the catwalk under the bridge, just above the cove. This made sense, because of the important ships located in the cove, so we didn't want to approach it that way.
We decided to have abandonedNH drop us off on the bridge surface when there was no traffic around, since there was no cover to walk the half mile to the center, where we needed to be for the climb. The drop off was a success, and soon Doug and I were on the center of the bridge, making our way to the catwalk well past the motion sensors. A brief walk down the catwalk, a short climb up a few girders, and we were standing on the top taking in the foggy view.

Not my best photos, but I was freezing my balls off and it was windy as hell up there.












3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Totally f--king awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are breath taking. Are you going to make posters for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can peint enlargements. How big are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete