Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lyman School For Butthole Conquistadors

I spent ClimbingDoug's birthday running from security at BRMC and I spent Clahhhkie's birthday sitting in a jail cell after being arrested at CandyCorn, so when the idea of exploring on my birthday was introduced to me by my boy Zeke from RedArmy Photography, I was a bit hesitant. After a few minutes of consideration, I said "Fuck it, let's make it happen".
The original plan was to conquer a location that's kicked my ass too many times in the past, but that plan was ditched after receiving some new security news from some other explorers. Next, we decided to re-visit Grafton. Along for the trip was me, Zeke, AngeR, LaurieLCE, and some dude Dan I'd never met before. Upon arrival, we were greeted by freshly boarded windows and no way inside.
We decided to ditch that plan and head to an old favorite of mine, Lyman School For Boys. Soon after we arrived, Laurie got a phone call and had to leave to help her friend with car troubles. The rest of us carried on and decided to hit up Hillside Cottage.
Some highlights of the day include boogieing down with AngeR(even though she wouldn't boogie with me), killer squirrels, bridge building, and dodging bats. All in all, another excellent exploration and a damned fine way to spend a birthday.






















For those of you wondering, these two are totally Butthole Conquistadors.




















2 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing photographs.. you were pretty lucky you were able to go inside and shoot these.. awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the way I remember it back in the sixties...Nice pics, would love to see whats in those file cabinets and those files all over the floor. Also, I guess the states just waiting for the day it just caves in . Maybe hoping that will bury all the child abuse that they inflicted... Thanks for the pics Bill

    ReplyDelete