Thursday, March 31, 2011

State Of Disrepair

I had made a post about this historical Attleboro cemetery being in a state of disrepair all the way back in 2007. (http://ade07.blogspot.com/2007/02/disrepair-cemetery-22307.html)

I was reading the local newspaper the other day, The Sun Chronicle, when I came across this article. (Attleboro Cemetery Vandalized)

Needless to say, it pissed me off. I knew the damage was going to be bad, but judging by the photos sent to me by a friend, I never would have guessed the damage to be anything like what I found. The article wasn't exaggerating. More than 50 gravestones toppled for no reason. The lack of respect for both the dead, and history in general is sickening.

These photos are all only from one half of the cemetery. By the time I arrived to shoot photos, the sun had gone down, and the spotlight in the cemetery only lit up this half. That being said, it gives you a bit more of a realization of how bad the damage was...this was only one half of The Old Kirkyard Cemetery.

































No comments:

Post a Comment